The Ultimate Guide to Kitchen Appliances
Whether you need kitchen appliances for your new place or are just looking to replace your old kitchen tools, we’ve created a simple and informative guide for you to choose your preferred products as per your convenience and budget. See below:
Microwave ovens are the most commonly used kitchen tool, they come in various kinds. Some of the most popular ones are listed below:
- Counter-top microwaves are the most affordable and easiest to operate.
- Overhead or wall-mounted microwaves don't require counter space and contain advanced features.
- Convection microwaves don't require much counter space either. Also, they have attractive extra features.
- Built-in-microwaves are the most versatile and easy to use.
What to Look Out for When Purchasing Microwave Ovens
A microwave oven saves a lot of time and indeed possess some amazing features, but every type of microwave has limitations that you might need to know about before making a purchase.
- Countertop microwave ovens: This is the smallest type of microwave oven that exists but lacks many productive features. You might also want to be careful about the fact that they take-up a lot of counter space.
- Overhead or wall mounted microwave ovens: These microwaves go right above your stove area. They help in preventing excess heat or any kind of odor that might be coming from the vents. Even though they are quite attractive and make a kitchen go from 0 to 10 instantly, they require a tough installation process and are quite costly.
- Convection microwave ovens: This type of microwave oven is the most unique and multi-skilled microwave that offers many other options for cooking, such as baking, roasting, etc. But they require more time to cool down.
- Built-in-microwave ovens: This range of microwave ovens is quite flexible and can be installed anywhere in the kitchen (considering where the power units and extensions are easily accessible). They do however require a hefty installation fee.
Pressure cookers are a great invention and since our lives have become so busy, they are making many lives easier and much simpler by cooking the most flavorsome meals in a very short amount of time.
What to Look Out for While Purchasing Pressure Cookers
Even though pressure cookers are quite convenient to use and to acquire, they do have their fair share of restrictions. Such as:
- You might need some extra assistance in the beginning, to learn how to use it correctly.
- Once you start cooking, you can neither check or taste the food until it’s done completely.
- Only a few specific meals can be prepared in a pressure cooker. It cannot prepare meals that require a high temperature.
- A pressure cooker might overcook certain foods.
Dishwashers are now the "go-to" kitchen appliance, due to their time-saving capabilities and advanced features. From saving water to furnishing your kitchen, a dishwasher has many benefits attached.
What to Look Out for While Purchasing Dishwashers:
Along with its benefits, here are a few things that you might need to consider before investing in a dishwasher.
- They are not budget friendly.
- They require constant maintenance.
- They consume a large amount of electricity, which could push - up your electricity bill.
- Every dishwasher has a different performance capacity.
- Daily cleaning is required for a good experience.
Electric stoves are easy to install and also quite convenient to use. They have up to four different burners installed, which are great for cooking multiple meals at once. They also come with an oven, which is perfect for baking and other oven-friendly meals.
What to Look Out for While Purchasing Electric Stoves
Due to their incredibly convenient features and easy access, electric stoves are the most preferred. But we’ve listed a few aspects that you might want to consider before buying an electric stove.
- They cost more than a normal stove.
- They require some time to cool off after use.
- They need constant maintenance for better performance.
Deep freezers are great for storing large numbers and quantities of products. If you have a large family, a deep freezer is a perfect place for you to store your food. They also possess some convenient features, such as changeable discs and quiet functioning. They are perfect for keeping food intact for long periods of time.
What to Look Out for While Purchasing Freezers
- Managing and organizing a deep freezer is quite a challenge.
- They don't have self-defrosting features, so they need some time to defrost.
- They need a lot of space.
- Installing a deep freezer in your home is a hefty task.
- Getting them fixed or repaired can become challenging as they cannot be moved easily.
One of the most common kitchen appliances is a refrigerator. They are an absolute necessity in current times and save a lot of time. They are great for storing quantities of foodstuffs and also come with built-in freezers. They come in different sizes and shapes, such as:
- Top-mounted freezers: the most common and least expensive.
- Bottom-mounted freezers: the freezer can be found at the bottom in the form of shelves and are great for smaller families.
- Side-by-side: both the freezer and the refrigerator stand side-by-side, which is very convenient.
- Counter-depth: more storage capacity and can be installed in your storage drawers and cabinet area.
What to Look Out for While Purchasing Refrigerators
Every refrigerator comes with limitations and drawbacks. You can decide which is best for you by checking out the list below:
- Top-mounted freezer: less storage capacity.
- Bottom mounted freezer: expensive and inconvenient to use.
- Side-by-side: expensive and with less storage capacity due to their narrow doors.
- Counter-depth requires a lot of space.
Every kitchen tool has its fair share of flaws that you might need to consider before investing. The list above has been created to help you decide what appliance will work best for you.